For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”) the data controller is 114 Moorland Road, Woodsmoor, Stockport, England, SK2 7DP. Our nominated Data Protection Officer is Michael Di Paola – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is extremely important to us so we only use the information you provide about yourself and your company when using this website to answer your enquiry or to help us to improve our service to you. We do not share this information with any third party except to the extent necessary to answer your enquiry if that enquiry requires the involvement of a third party. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
The information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.freshwalks.co.uk (our “Website”). This includes information provided when making an enquiry via our contact form and registering to receive our email newsletter and/or weekly digest. This includes your email address to contact you in regard to your enquiry. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, web server statistics, traffic data, location data and details of the web pages and resources that you access.
Our use of IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to user needs.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data using an SSL certificate, we cannot guarantee the security of data that you transmit to our site; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of Freshwalks cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, SMS, post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you have approached and engaged us with an interest in our services we may also contact you by electronic means with information and services similar to those you which you originally enquired about.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
When we might disclose your data to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in a very limited number of circumstances:
- Where we engage the business services of a third party to provide services directly to Freshwalks. For example, we may use a mailing house to email promotional materials such as our email newsletter. Rest assured that any third parties are strictly prohibited from using your personal data for any other purposes.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Freshwalks or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
We will not add your contact information to any marketing lists without your explicit consent which will be requested at the time of any form submission. You can also exercise the right to be removed from marketing activity at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking an unsubscribe link in the footer of any marketing email received.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, sponsors, members and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to access any information we hold about you which can be requested by contacting email@example.com. There will be no charge for the first request of this nature, subsequent requests may incur a small admin fee.
You have the right to lodge a complaint if you feel we have used your data in a way that you deem inappropriate. You can contact the supervisory authority in the UK to report a complaint – https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
We will keep form submission data for no more than 5 years. Prospect data will be entered into our CRM with your consent and will be kept for 5 years since the last activity. Client data will be kept for 8 years to comply with our legal obligations. You may request the removal of your data at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For a data removal request we will remove any data that we aren’t legally required to keep within 14 days of request.
If any of the information that you have provided to Freshwalks changes, for example if you change your e-mail address or if you wish to cancel your registration for receiving our monthly newsletter, please let us know by sending an e-mail to your Freshwalks contact or to email@example.com